Visualizing Information for Advocacy
People around the world are using digital tools and visualization techniques to expose injustice and abuse, creating narratives to challenge the status quo and mobilizing for action. Well timed, rigorous and well-presented information is the greatest asset activists possess. However, giving the right people the right information in the best possible way is not always easy. Join us to talk about the use of imagery in advocacy and share examples of visual campaigns.
We're thrilled to have an experienced group of practitioners to lead this conversation:
- Emma Prest and Gabi Sibley (Conversation Facilitator) of the Tactical Technology Collective
- Enrique Piraces of Benetech
- Hend Alhinnawi of the Humanitarian Tracker
- Susan Wolfinbarger of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Heather Leson and Zara Rahman of the Open Knowledge Foundation
- Mirko Lorenz, information architect
- Jacky Sutton of UNDP Iraq
- Edie Stevens, practitioner
Join us all week for this important online exchange here. You can now add images and video to your comments! For help on how to participate and to learn about these new features, visit these instructions.