PSYCHIATRIST (CONTRACT, PART-TIME)
The psychiatrist will provide assessment and psychiatric treatment for the after-effects of torture and trauma to clients from diverse geographic, cultural and social backgrounds. The psychiatrist will participate on a multi-disciplinary team. The position is based in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations, including multi-axial diagnostic assessment and treatment planning.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary treatment team members.
- Provide clinical consultation and training.
- Provide psychiatric treatment to survivors of torture.
- Facilitate emergent evaluation and need for hospitalization.
- Assist in obtaining medication samples.
- Provide psychiatric documentation for immigration, political asylum and case management needs.
- Provide services through interpreters, as needed.
- Participate in quarterly medical services meetings and monthly team meetings.
- May be opportunities to provide consultation to other capacity-building programs.
Hours per week:
4-6 hours per week, on a contracted basis.
Board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Association. Experience working cross-culturally, with diverse international populations. Interest in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to maintain confidentiality, recognize appropriate boundaries and cope with emotionally stressful situations. Computer fluency. Interest in or commitment to human rights.
Submit resume and cover letter to hr [at] cvt [dot] org or contact Dr. Andrea Northwood, Director of Client Services (612-436-4812)
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer