Logo for the Center for Victims of Torture

Other Ways to Give

At CVT, we believe that giving should be as diverse as our community’s passions and resources. Explore our options and find the perfect fit for your philanthropic spirit.

Gift of Stock icon

Donate Stock

When you gift stocks and other securities directly to CVT, you make an outsized impact without taking money directly out of your bank account. Plus, neither you nor we will be taxed on the gains for appreciated assets you donate.

Donor Advised Fund icons

Donor Advised Fund

A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a convenient and easy way to organize your charitable contributions. A DAF gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to CVT and other organizations you most care about.

Gifts through IRA icon

Gifts through your IRA

If you are 70 ½ or older, you can use your IRA to receive tax relief on giving to charities such as the Center for Victims of Torture. You can do so with a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA.

Legacy and Planned giving icon

Legacy Giving

Choosing to leave the Center for Victims of Torture in your estate plans is one of the most powerful ways you can take action to help rebuild the lives of survivors of torture. A legacy gift represents a lasting contribution to the pursuit of a world without torture.

You can make a difference in the lives of survivors of torture.

Our Impact

Last year, we worked to rebuild the lives and hope of more than eleven thousand survivors and family members.
Since we opened, we’ve extended direct care to tens of thousands of torture survivors.
Last year, clients came from more than 50 different countries of origin.
Join our community and together, we can have a greater impact in the lives of survivors of torture.